Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Weisman crows


I know just about every amateur and professional photographer in Minnesota has shot the Weisman on the University of Minnesota campus. But, you know what? I never had... until yesterday. In the 38 years I have lived in Minneapolis, I have never done much of anything in a typical or predictable manner. So, when I decided to go visit the Weisman yesterday, I decided I would try to photograph the building in a different way. After I arrived, I began shooting a little, and studying the architecture and reflectivity of the light on it's shiny metal surface. After about ten minutes, a lone crow on the roof line caught my attention. I focused on him, but my 105mm with a 1.5x frame factor on my 10D wasn't quite cutting it. After a couple minutes of frantic shooting, hoping to get some sort of interesting image, I was saved. Some of the crows' buddies showed up and made it possible for me the capture the whole gang!

I have been in Minneapolis since Saturday night, and I am ecstatic to be home for the holidays! I have been able to explore some of my old hang-outs and visit family and friends. I still have a few days and hope I can do a lot more shooting and visiting and exploring. There is a storm brewing out west and causing me much anxiety about my return trip to Palm Springs, but I am trying to be optimistic and enjoy my time here as best I can.

1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

I found your blog in a search of "I am ecstatic". I like your blog and you seem positive.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/