Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bob Hope Chrysler Classic


Not a great shot with the camera phone, but I just wanted to share my day at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic... Hosted by George Lopez. It was fun wandering around the course, watching the celebs carry-on, getting autographs, and having a few laughs. The studio I work for handled all the advertising for the event and I actually met George a few weeks back when he came to the studio to work with us. I know George will do a great job as ambassador to the long-standing tradition of golf's season opener in the desert. It was fun being a small part of it and I look forward to more opportunities in the future!

I spent a good five minutes chatting with Alice Cooper about the demise of radio because of corporate interests. I had a chance to hear Alice's radio program as I traveled through northern Arizona over the holidays. Alice is an awesome dude! Very, very personable. Check out Nights with Alice Cooper! You can hear all the old rock you wish you could hear on radio. Thank you Alice!

I also met Oscar de la Hoya, Samuel L. Jackson, Joe Pesci, Tom Johnson, Taylor Hicks, Scott Hamilton, and Cheech Marin. Everyone was great and pretty crowd friendly. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a hello in with another of my favs, Clint Eastwood. Security was pretty tight around him and he "wasn't signing."

Unfortunately, I didn't get a media pass and cameras weren't allowed in, and I only got a few shots with the camera phone. The 60-degree weather was a bit chilly on the links, and the wind gave me a pretty good burn. But, all-in-all, it was a fun day.

No comments: